-
Ill say this RIGHT NOW.........my kamikaze header is the biggest piece of crap i have ever bought for my car, PERIOD!
Ive gone through 5 header collector gaskets due to poor flange, and no header support strap....the color looks like crap after a month or soo.....
I have since(today)order a DC 4-2-1 ONE PIECE to replace this boat anchor. I went from a GREDDY header, to a KAMI, and i can tell you that the GREDDY was an ALL AROUND better header......the Kami did yeild some HIGH RPM power, but not enough to matter IMO @6psi.....
Kamikaze header, theres 219$ blown out the door......the new DC cost me 265$ Ive probably spent 50 bux on BOLTS/NUTS and GASKETS for that shitter kazi header http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif
By the way, this is just MY opinon,
Tony
------------------
Dont believe me.......Check it out for yourself at http://www.etrscca.org
-
Rafe,
Sounds like the GS-R header is built a little differently, but on the Civic Si header, the downpipe definitely does not run
parallel to the ground. I saw this on my own header as well as on another car that used the 2.25" downpipe (for the stock cat).
I resorted to bolting the header to a table and heading the 90 deg bend in the downpipe with a MAP-gas torch. I bent it just a touch and got it pretty much straight.
You get what you pay for. The Kami is definitely a "bargain" in terms of what you pay, but if people are looking for OEM fit, this is not the header of choice. http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/smile.gif
Sonny
------------------
Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
2000 Supercharged Civic Si @ 6psi
1999 Tonykart/Honda 80cc Shifter
-
You know what, I think I'm getting the cat movement too. Ever since I installed the Kami header, on hard shifts I get a noise that seems to sound like two things bumping into each other. The sound is definitely not metallic, sounds kind of like a thump. Guess it's time to get under my car see if it's the cat bumping up into my floorboards. Thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking that it was maybe my header pulling away at the collector and banging into something. The merge from the primaries to the collector is pretty crappy in my opinion as well, mine has come loose twice now, but this last time, I made sure everything was perfect, and it hasn't happened for the last few months.
Jon
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The ANTI-RICE:
Ill say this RIGHT NOW.........my kamikaze header is the biggest piece of crap i have ever bought for my car, PERIOD!
Ive gone through 5 header collector gaskets due to poor flange, and no header support strap....the color looks like crap after a month or soo.....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well the color totally makes a huge WHP difference so I'd trash it too.
*grin*
-
It'd be nice if some company marketed (after testing) a header specifically made for SC Honda's.
Well, besides, the $1000 Hitech header.
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BurntGSR:
Well the color totally makes a huge WHP difference so I'd trash it too.
*grin*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, my CLEAR LEXAN hood just gives it away! http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
Tony
------------------
Dont believe me.......Check it out for yourself at http://www.etrscca.org
-
As long as everyone else has something to say about the kami header, I'll post my experience as well...
I've got the D series Civic header with 2.5" downpipe. The header fits fine. It doesn't leak and it doesn't have any weird angle. The "color" turned a flat grey as with any ceramic/jet coated header.
A guy named Larry used his die grinder to match the Kami ports with my head.
I too elected to make a downpipe hanger to take the stress off of the upper/lower header joint. I used the OE hanger bracket that bolts to the support next to the flywheel inspection cover. The OE hanger bracket is bolted to that bracket and welded to the downpipe.
As for the cat - yes, if you have a 2.5" collector, it's going to be too big for any OE integra/civic cat. I've got the carsound 3" cat in between the Kami and a 3" thermal cat. back system. A tight fit, but it will work. And yes, it's too loud.
-TJ
-
I?ve installed my exhaust-setup for over 3 month now and never had a problem with any part of it. The Kami-header has good quality and fits perfect on my engine. I had to make the 2.5" downpipe fit on my Carsound-cat. The Carsound cat is an universal cat, so you must do this with any downpipe.
It was major work and I had my own welder but I?m very happy with the sound, fittings and performance now. I have welded an decibel-restrictor and a mid-pipe-resonator + a compensator to prefent exhaust damage (the compensatore is a part which alows the exhaust to "move" in all directions!
When I had to do it again, I will make it the same way. Look my exhaust-pics in the sign.
------------------
Supercharged ITR?98 @ 5.5psi
BTC unit, Apexi VAFC, K&N short ram intake, skunk2 cam gears, Kamikaze 2.5", ceramic header, Thermal 3" exhaust, RC 310 injectors, Cartech FMU, AEM FPR
http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...622&a=12515817
http://www.geocities.com/autitr/myin...l?991952862150
[This message has been edited by austrian type-R (edited July 31, 2001).]
-
Okay, to clarify once for all..the Kamikazi 2.5 (or 3") collector will NOT bolt up to stock cat. This means if i were to get it, I would either have to get a 2.5" cat (or 3") or test pipe..plus modifying the flange on my existing 2.5" catback to fit...sounds like too much work and money or a 2 or 3 hp gains...
-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -TJ:
I've got the carsound 3" cat in between the Kami and a 3" thermal cat. back system. A tight fit, but it will work. And yes, it's too loud.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Same setup like mine and yes it is too loud. That?s the reason, why I put my mid-pipe resonator and the dezibel-restrictor in http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/wink.gif
------------------
Supercharged ITR?98 @ 5.5psi
BTC unit, Apexi VAFC, K&N short ram intake, skunk2 cam gears, Kamikaze 2.5", ceramic header, Thermal 3" exhaust, RC 310 injectors, Cartech FMU, AEM FPR
http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...622&a=12515817
http://www.geocities.com/autitr/myin...l?991952862150